Dr. Krista Hirasuna has teamed up with Smile for a Lifetime Foundation to provide orthodontic scholarships to children who normally would not be able to afford treatment. Dr. Hirasuna donates her service to children in the local community and one set of retainers after treatment is complete.
Who We Are
Smile for a Lifetime (S4L) Foundation is a non-profit (501c), charitable organization comprised of local chapters throughout the country that provide quality orthodontic treatment for patients who may not have the resources to achieve the beautiful, straight smile they deserve. Nationally, the orthodontists serving their S4L chapter donate orthodontic care for hundreds of patients each year.
The mission of S4L is to create self-confidence, inspire hope and change the lives of children in their communities in a dramatic way. The gift of a smile can do all this for a deserving, underserved individual who, in turn, can use this gift to better themselves and their community.
We aim to reach individuals with financial challenges, special situations, and orthodontic needs. To become a candidate, interested patients must complete or have completed for them the S4L application.
S4L Participation Guidelines
– School-aged between 8 and 18
– 2 letters of recommendation
– 2 clear photos of applicant’s teeth (click for examples)
– Must complete entire application
– Must have good grades and provide a copy of their most recent report card
– Must demonstrate the ability and commitment to make all appointments on time.
– Must have family income of no more than 200% poverty level
(If applicant qualifies for free or reduced-price school lunch they likely qualify)